Saturday, February 4, 2023

Anti-War Efforts


You Think China Has a COVID-19 Censorship Problem? We Aren't Much Better |  MedPage Today

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter what. It doesn't matter what's going on in the world or how sensitive it is to some, if someone wants to voice their own opinion they should NOT be silenced. I strongly believe in that and hearing about these sites and how they are censored is just embarrassing as an American, it's truly embarrassing. 

Why do you have to seek out obscure anti-war websites? 

Bias. 

The bias of the mainstream media was clearly apparent during the 2020 election.  Anyone could see from reading, or watching the news which way the bias leaned towards. Fox News clearly favored Trump, while pretty much every other news source ABC, CBS, CNBC, and NBC favored Biden.  

When it comes to war I'm not sure where the truth truly lies. The websites ANTIWAR.com and The American Conservative contain very important stances on everyday happenings and it's a shame not many people get to see them because of this clear censorship. 

I also feel like the government as well as mainstream media only tell you what they want you to know. Like anything else, to get to the truth you have to dig. For every news story, there are two biased sides and then there's the truth, this is why I feel like I have to take all the information available in and form my own opinion. If it is something I am passionate about or want to know more about, I know I can dig deeper. 

There are always different points of view. That's something that sets America apart from every other country. Just the ability to agree to disagree and still be civil is essential to American life and we should encourage it, not suppress it. 


Speak Loudly (Anti-Censorship) – ALAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog: My Relationship with Technology

I would describe my relationship with technology as both healthy and unhealthy. Healthy in the sense that I can stay connected to friends an...